Countdown to Christmas
Thanksgiving has passed and the countdown to Christmas Day is officially on, you guys!
While most of the awesome Christmas craft ideas for kids you will find on this list aren’t countdown-worthy, these next two totally are!
Check them out below.
Kick off your crafty Christmas journey with a fun countdown to Christmas paper chain craft!
Try this adorable paper chain (above) via Barley & Birch that includes free printables or create one of these countdown chains ($) via Frosting and Glue that include both a Santa & nativity version instead!
A countdown paper chain definitely makes a great starter craft for the Christmas season, you guys!
Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids
It’s just so much fun to break out the glue and glitter around Christmas time and some of my fondest memories from the holiday season were spent making and baking alongside my little ones.
While my kiddos are older now and have somewhat graduated from crafting with mom I still love getting creative on my own this time of year and I absolutely love sharing fun crafting ideas with others.
Check out some of my top picks for holiday crafting 2023 style!
Nativity-Themed Crafts for Kids
Begin your Christmas crafting by celebrating the true meaning of the season!
The miraculous birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
To get a jump start on all your Christmas celebrating & nativity crafting check out our free nativity printables here on Life + Homeschool!
First, download our free printable Christmas star (above) and turn it into an eye-catching piece for your physical nativity scene, or create a beautiful handmade tree topper keepsake!
Then, head over to our free printable nativity coloring pages to keep the fun going.
Finally, check out all of these fun nativity craft ideas (below) from other awesome bloggers!
If you love paper crafting or paper plate crafts, these are the ones for you!
Create this beautiful paper plate Nativity (top left) via ConservaMom or try one of these other awesome ideas!
- Printable nativity scene (top right) via Messy Little Monster
- Simplistic construction paper nativity (bottom left) via Mommy Made That
- Nativity paper plate (bottom right) via The Gingerbread House
So many fun ideas, you guys!
If paper crafting isn’t quite complex enough for your Christmas crafting session, consider making these adorable nativity finger puppets ($) via Sustain My Craft Habit instead.
These are seriously the cutest, you guys!
Once you’ve created your favorite nativity scene, encourage your kiddos to make this adorable popsicle stick handprint angel via Red Ted Art.
Not only is this craft super cute, but it can make a wonderful keepsake for years to come!
Totally love this one, you guys!
Christmas Tree Craft Ideas for Kids
If you celebrate Christmas, it’s likely that a Christmas tree is a staple decoration in your home.
That said, it’s also probably the most common Christmas decoration of all, making it the biggest section on this list of fun Christmas craft ideas for kids!
Check out my favorite Christmas tree crafts for the season.
Start your Christmas tree crafting with our free printable Christmas tree template (above)!
This fun freebie can be used as a glorified coloring sheet, cut out and used as a decorative piece, or added to a personalized handmade Christmas card!
The crafting options are endless with this one, you guys!
Ready for more? Check out the rest of these Christmas tree crafts (below) by other awesome bloggers.
First on the list, paper cone trees!
- Bejeweled paper cone Christmas tree (left) via Messy Little Monster
- Simple paper cone Christmas tree (top right) via Arty Crafty BeeP
- Printable paper cone Christmas trees free printable via Mommy Made That
- Printable paper cone Christmas tree ($ bottom right) via Fireflies & Mudpies
These are just so much fun, you guys!
If you enjoyed the paper cone trees or simply just love paper crafting with your kiddos, consider trying one of these fun ideas!
Get started with this scrape paint Christmas tree (top left) via Taming Little Monsters.
Finally, check out this simple Christmas tree with pointillism (bottom right) via Coffee and Carpool.
So many creative tree crafts, you guys!
While paper crafting can be simple and fun, sometimes you need to take your crafting to the kitchen instead!
Check out these awesome Christmas tree craft ideas that use kitchen essentials.
- Paper cup Christmas tree (left) via Two Kids and a Coupon
- Coffee filter Christmas tree (top right) via Little Bins for Little Hands
- Cupcake liner Christmas tree (bottom right) via Lil Tigers (try their angel and snowflake versions too!)
These are just so fun, you guys!
Take your Christmas crafting up a few notches and try one of these awesome dough tree craft ideas!
Both of these are just so stinkin’ cute, you guys!
Looking for something a little different? These fun Christmas tree crafts are totally where it’s at!
First, create a picture-perfect popsicle stick window (top left) via Single Girl’s DIY.
Then, make the world’s cutest pinecone Christmas Tree (top right) via Two Kids and a Coupon.
So many fun ideas!
Last, but certainly not least, give these unique Christmas tree craft ideas a go!
- Whimsical cardboard and beads Christmas tree craft via Unique Gifter
- Toilet paper roll Christmas tree via Soccer Mom Blog
- Spiral Christmas tree via Mama of Minis
I tried to keep this list short, but it was so hard you guys!!
Christmas Ornament Craft Ideas
Nothing goes better with a Christmas tree craft than an ornament craft!
Let’s get this ornament-making party started with some Christmas tree-themed ornaments!
Both of these are super cute and would make the perfect school Christmas party craft!
Love, love, love these ones, you guys!
If you love the idea of hanging a tree on your tree but are looking for something slightly more complex than pipe cleaners and popsicle sticks, these are for you!
Check out these beautiful tree ornaments.
- Funky Christmas tree ornaments (left) via The Inspiration Edit
- Silver pasta Christmas tree ornaments (top right) via Busy Blooming Joy
- Macrame Christmas tree (bottom right) via Rock Painting Guide (best for older kids/teens)
These seriously look like so much fun, you guys!
If you celebrate Santa in your home, these will be the perfect ornaments to hang in your tree this year!
- Santa paintbrush ornament (left) via Crafts by Courtney
- Handprint Santa (top right) via The Best Ideas for Kids (don’t forget to check out their handprint elf & reindeer variations too!)
- Popsicle stick Santa star (bottom right) via Red Ted Art
Such creative Santa ideas!
If you like the idea of a Santa ornament on the tree, you gotta check out these next few ideas!
Every Stana Claus needs his reindeer.
- Popsicle stick reindeer ornaments (left) via Honey + Lime
- Reindeer bell ornament (top right) via Fluxing Well
- Paper Rudolph ornament (bottom right) via Arty Crafty Bee
These fellas are so stinkin’ adorable, you guys!
If Santa isn’t your jam, no worries.
These next two ornaments are perfect for creating a simplistic (or angelic) Christmas tree!
Try this fun pasta ornament (left) via One Simple Party (don’t forget to check out their templates to make a tree, snowman, and wreath version as well) or this simple angel clothespin ornament (right) via Ann’s Entitled Life.
I absolutely love both of these, you guys!
If classic is more your style, these 4 ornament options might suit your fancy.
Check them out!
- Mini wreath ornaments (top left) via The Creek Line House (best for bigger kids)
- Beaded candy cane ornament (top right) via Simply Full of Delight
- Darla horse ornament (bottom left) via One Mama’s Daily Drama
- Gingerbread man canning lid ornament (bottom right) via Crafts by Amanda
Make one or make them all, either way, these ideas are classic and fun!
Last, but certainly not least, these last few ideas are unique and fun!
Encourage your kiddos to create this adorable toilet paper roll gnome ornament (left) via A Country Girl’s Life (best for bigger kids) or have them make these fun ugly sweater ornaments (top right) via Crafts by Amanda.
Finally, wrap up your ornament-making fun by creating these classic salt dough ornaments (bottom right) via Thrifty Northwest Mom.
So many awesome ideas, you guys!
Ir ornaments for the tree aren’t your thing, consider making one of these paper ornament-themed crafts instead!
Both of these ideas look like so much fun for little ones, you guys!
Santa Christmas Craft Ideas
Santa Claus is coming to town!
If you have Santa-loving kiddos, these fun craft ideas will be right up their alley!
Check out some of my top Santa picks.
Get creative with cotton balls this winter by creating this adorable paper plate Santa (left) via The Best Ideas for Kids or by making this simple cotton ball Santa (right) via Simply Full of Delight.
Both of these Santa craft ideas are classic, you guys!
If you have little ones with big imaginations, these fun Santa puppet crafts will be such a fun go-to project!
Try one of these adorable ideas this Christmas season.
- Santa paper bag puppet (left) ($) via Frosting and Glue
- Popsicle stick Santa puppet (right) via Mommy Made That (try their Elf and Mrs. Clause versions too!)
- Santa paper cup puppet via Finding Myself Young
So many cute options, you guys!
Take your Santa crafting to the kitchen with these paper cup crafts!
- Paper cup Santa (above) with free printable via Fireflies & Mudpies
- Paper cup Santa via Two Kids and a Coupon
So simple and fun!
Last but certainly not least, check out these other fun Santa crafts for kids!
- Toilet paper roll Santa (left) via ConservaMom
- Popsicle stick Santa (right) via Little Ladoo
- Easy Santa origami via Arty Crafty Bee
- Paper Santa hat via Honey + Lime
So many hours of Christmas crafting fun, you guys!
Reindeer Christmas Crafts
It just wouldn’t be Christmas without an adorable reindeer craft or two!
Start your reindeer crafting off with this simple reindeer antlers headband via Two Kids and a Coupon and then check out the rest of my favorite reindeer picks below!
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose!
Man, oh man are these red-nosed reindeer crafts adorable!
Both of which are simple and adorable!
If you’re looking to take your reindeer game up a notch or 2, skip the traditional paper crafting and try these unique reindeer crafts instead!
- Recycle reindeer craft (top left) via ConservaMom
- Paper plate reindeer craft (top right) via Little Ladoo
- Rudolph toilet paper roll (bottom left) via Finding Myself Young
- Paper reindeer bookmark (bottom right) via Arty Crafty Bee
So many fun ideas, you guys!
There is nothing more classic than a simple clothespin craft and these two are seriously the cutest, you guys!
Both of which look easy and fun!
If you want to take your reindeer crafting up a notch, try this adorable (and yummy) candy cane reindeer (above) via One Simple Party.
This one is so much fun, you guys!
Not only is this a fun craft but it can make a unique ornament or table place setting for Christmas dinner.
Last but certainly not least, check out these classic reindeer crafts!
- Paper plate reindeer (above) via Crafts by Amanda (don’t forget to check out their Santa and snowman variations as well!!)
- Rudolph paper bag craft via Events to Celebrate
So many red-nosed ideas to choose from, you guys!
Other Crafty Christmas Ideas
While Santa, reindeer, baby Jesus, and angels are all iconic Christmas icons, there are a few additional things that make an appearance during this special time of year.
From stockings to wreaths, check out some of these other Christmas craft ideas for kids!
While the tree may be the most iconic decoration in most homes this time of year, the stocking isn’t far behind.
Get crafty this season with our free printable Christmas stocking template (above).
This one is so much fun, you guys!
While decking the halls is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time, giving is too.
From the presents to the treats.
If you have kiddos who want to show someone just how much they mean to them this holiday season, encourage them to get crafty with these fun Christmas card ideas!
- 3D Christmas cards (left) via A Country Girl’s Life
- Natural Christmas cards (top right) via Easy Peasy Fun
- Pipe cleaner Christmas cards (bottom right) via The Craft at Home Family
Talk about turning a classic gift into something personal and wonderful!
There is seriously nothing better than homemade Christmas decorations!
I still have a small tub filled with creations like these from when my kiddos were little.
Check out these fun DIY wreath crafts for kids.
- Felt wreath craft (left) via Ann’s Entitled Life (best for big kids, involves a needle)
- Christmas wreath (top right) via Arty Crafty Bee
- Paper plate Christmas wreath (bottom right) via Two Pink Peonies
These seriously make me feel nostalgic, you guys!
If you loved the wreath ideas above, these will make great companion crafts!
Such a fun idea, you guys!
These adorable gingerbread-themed crafts bring back the memories too, you guys!
I have so many pictures of my little ones making gingerbread houses year after year and it’s such a treasured memory.
Encourage your kiddos to make a sugar-free version this year with one of these fun gingerbread house crafts!
- Gingerbread house (left) via Simple Everyday Mom
- 3D gingerbread house (top right) via A Country Girl’s Life
- Adorable cardboard gingerbread house (bottom right) via The Inspiration Edit
These are just so much fun, you guys!
If you enjoyed the Santa Claus and reindeer craft ideas, you will absolutely love these guys!
These are just so stinkin’ cute, you guys!
While I’m not a huge Grinch fan myself, I just had to include these fun Christmas craft ideas!
If you love The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, you are totally going to dig these next 2 crafts.
- Toilet paper roll Grinch craft (left) via Crafts by Courtney
- Grinch headband (right) via Simple Everyday Mom
So simple, you guys!
From Christmas gnomes to Christmas lights.
Finally, check out the rest of these awesome Christmas craft ideas for kids!
- Paper gnome bookmark (left) via Arty Crafty Bee
- 3D Paper Christmas Gnomes (right) via Red Ted Art
- Paper cone craft via Picklebums
- Christmas binoculars via Homan at Home
- Christmas lights craft via Thrifty Northwest Mom
- Waterless Christmas snowglobe via Craftsy by Amanda
With so many fun Christmas craft ideas for kids, you’re sure to find something your kiddos will love!
Happy crafting and Merry Christmas, you guys!
Love this post? Share it on social media today!